Compare and review the Olympus Evolt E-520 to the Sony DSLR-A300.
The Sony DSLR-A300 and the Olympus E-520 are priced roughly the same. Both of these DSLR cameras have built-in stabilisation, share 10 Megapixel resolution, but have different approaches to Live View.
Features in the Sony’s favor include :
- The Sony A300 (and also the A350) use a secondary sensor in their viewfinders to deliver the live video feed. This feature allows the Sony DSLR cameras to use the same quick Auto Focus system as you would normally with the optical viewfinder.
- a more sophisticated 9-point system
- has vertically tilting monitors which allow users to more easily compose photos at both high or low angles
The Olympus E520 has :
- Live View that is more accurate than the Sony
- the Olympus comes with slightly faster continuous shooting
- more effective dust reduction
- greater customisation
- the Olympus E-520 has depth of field previews.
While these two DSLR cameras match up very closely, reviews show that many users will go for the Sony, with its tilting screen and quick, fuss-free Live View implementation.