Compare the Sony DSLR A-300 to the Olympus Evolt E-510 Digital SLR camera
The Olympus Evolt E-510 digital SLR camera would be the main competition from Olympus to the Sony's Alpha A300. Both the A300 and the E-510 have Live View as well as a built-in sensor-shift stabilization which will work with any lens you attach.
In favor on the Olympus, you will find :
- reviews show that the Olympus E-510’s SuperSonic Wave Filter is the best anti-dust system available Of course it doesn’t eliminate all foreign particles, it does an incredible job of making them almost impossible to see
- while the built-in stabilization is not visible through the optical viewfinder, unlike the Sony DSLR-A300, it can be previewed on-screen
- With Live View, users will be able to see an exact preview of the picture they are taking
The pros for for the Sony DSLR-A300 include :
- quicker Auto focus in Live View
- a slightly longer 18-70mm kit lens
- a larger tiltable screen at 2.7in
But while the Olympus E-510 may be out-featured in these aspects, the Olympus is priced very competitively compared to the Sony and there is no arguing with its cheap, bargain price. Especially when you consider the twin lens kit which offers remarkable value right now.