Compare and review the Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 to the Olympus E-520 EVOLT DSLR
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 and the Olympus E-520 are the digital SLR camera models that match up the closest from these respective companies. They have the same dust protection systems and sensor size, but a closer comparison will reveal many differences.
Review of the Olympus show the advantages include :
- slightly faster 3.5fps continuous shooting
- the Olympus has built-in Image Stabilization which will work with all lens you attach
- a more “traditional” optical viewfinder
The advantages of the Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 include :
- the more detailed and larger flip-out screen
- small, compact, and lightweight
- two additional megapixels of resolution
- 23 point auto focus
- better face detection
- a much larger viewfinder image with graphics and full 100% coverage
- fast Live View auto focus
When compared to the Olympus, the Panasonic has more features but the E-520 is cheaper, and is a solid choice if you do not want to spend the extra money.