Compare the Canon Rebel EOS 450D DSLR camera to the Sony DSLR-A350
Sony’s Alpha DSLR-A350 is probably the primary Sony rival to the Canon 450D / XSi. Both DSLR cameras cost around the same amount. The Sony A350 compares well vs. the Canon in terms of features. The Sony features include :
- two extra Megapixels, which reviews show gives it a slight advantage at lower sensitivity
- quicker auto focus in Live View
- a tiltable screen
- accurate feedback on the amount battery life remaining
- importantly, built-in stabilization
In favor of the Canon 450D / XSi are features including
- a larger 3in LCD screen (but is not tiltable)
- lower noise at high sensitivities
- quicker 3.5fps continuous shooting mode
- a visibly larger viewfinder,
- 14-bit image processing,
- a Live View mode, that while it may be slower in operation, the Canon does offer a true preview of what you will be seeing from the main sensor.
Reviews show they compare very closely, and a lot will come down to which Live View system you prefer. Both of these are very good cameras and strong contenders.