Compare the Canon EOS 1000D Rebel XS and the Sony DSLR-A200
The Sony DSLR A-200 is the entry level model from Sony, and it is the main competition for the Canon EOS 1000D / Rebel XS. When you compare these, you will find that both of these digital SLR models have 10 Megapixel resolution and 3fps continuous shooting rate.
Reviews show that in the Sony’s favor are :
- The Sony A200’s screen is slightly larger at 2.7in
- a slightly more advanced 9-point AF system
- The A200 has a higher 3200 ISO sensitivity
- a feature that tells you exactly what percentage of battery life is remaining
- a major benefit is the built-in image stabilization which works with any lens you attach
The big advantage of the Canon is Live View. While the Canon 1000D also comes with a stabilized kit lens, reviews show that many consumers prefer the richer overall feature set of the Sony A200.