Compare the Canon Rebel EOS 1000D DSLR and the Canon EOS 450D Rebel XSi
The Canon 450D XSi has several upgraded aspects over the Canon EOS 1000D / XS.
The Canon 450D Rebel XSi has a number of small but worthwhile improvements over the EOS 1000D / XS. These include :
- a larger viewfinder
- two extra Megapixels
- quicker 3.5fps continuous shooting
- a bigger 3in screen
- a slightly more advanced 9-point AF system
- spot metering
- an IR remote sensor that is built into the grip
- a textured finish to the thumb rest and grip
- eye sensors which will switch the screen off when using the viewfinder
- 14-bit processing / 14-bit RAW files.
Reviews show that while the extra Megapixels make a difference in images quality, it is not a tremendous improvement. Some of the other features do add up to an improved DSLR camera, and if you would use them, it is probably worth upgrading to the Canon 450D Rebel XSi. However, if you are not going to take advantage of those extra features, the Canon EOS 1000D / XS does share the same stabilized kit lens and Live View system at a cheaper price.